Saturday, August 23, 2008

Newport my old friend: Monday August 4, 2008

I started a tradition many years ago. Each time I visit the Isle of Wight, I like to have a morning to explore the shops of Newport on my own. Today was the day on this trip. Graham, his dad and Sam dropped me off near the church on their way to play golf. The weather was great and I really enjoyed walking around the town and shopping. I had lunch, per tradition, a baguette from French Franks, while sitting on a bench in St. John's Square.

I walked back home around 1pm and ended up getting a lift from Graham and his dad for the last block as they happened to be returning at the same time.

Later Graham and I did a walk along the river Medina to a pub called "The Folly" where Graham's Dad joined us for a drink before driving us home again.

No comments: