Saturday, August 16, 2008

Last Hurrah: Friday August 1, 2008

We awoke to clear skies today, but by the time we'd mailed our postcards and checked on our flight (not affected by the strike!) on the internet at Tourist information and returned the bike, it had started to sprinkle. We forgot our our walking sticks, so Graham went back for them and by the time we were riding up Komperdellbahn, it was raining heavily.

From the top we found the Panorama Genußweg and did the hour walk to the top of Sunlinerbahn. Along the way, the rain vanished. From here we repeated the walk through the woods that I had done by myself yesterday ending at our hotel. We had eaten some of our lunch on a bench along the way. We didn't go into the hotel. We continued back to the Komperdellbahn again and rode all the way up to the top at Lazid like I had done on my first day alone. We finished our lunch up here and then ordered a drink and sat on the restaurant deck admiring the view. Graham had a Radler and I had my usual Diet Coke.

It was clouding up again, so we returned to town, rode the subway one last time and then we settled our bill at the hotel before borrowing robes from reception and went down to the basement to use the sauna. We showered and Graham went down for cake, but I wasn't hungry so I stayed in the room and packed. We had handed in our bahncards when we settled the bill, so there will be no more cable car rides. Instead I will have to admire the view of the alps from my window because they too will be just a memory after today.

Guess who's napping? I need to wake him up. It is sadly time for our last Serfaus dinner.

No comments: