Sunday, December 14, 2008

Was the Muesli made of gold flakes?

This trip to Germany was an amazing trip with surprisingly few problems considering that I traveled on a holiday weekend (Sunday after Thanksgiving) and traveled in winter snow and rain. The first minor problem was a road accident on the Autobahn that made poor Silvia two hours late picking me up at the airport. I was fine with the wait, but she, poor thing, spent double the hours expected on the road.

The second problem, again happened in Frankfurt on my last morning. Although it wasn't serious or disruptive, it really bothers me because it feels so unfair and criminal - my breakfast at the Sheraton Hotel cost me - are you sitting down? - $50!

I have blogged about it on my other blog so I won't repeat all the details here, but no one should be allowed to charge that much for breakfast unless the muesli is made of gold flakes. And then, even if it is, the hotel should be required by law to post the cost in a prominent location for all customers to see BEFORE they chose to eat. Finally, they should offer an a-la-carte option for those who don't want to pay $50 for a quick and light breakfast.

I plan to write to the Sheraton to complain and I will post the response I get on my other blog.

For now, my trip to Germany to visit friends and experience the German Christmas Markets is over and although I am happy to be back home with my family, I am sad it is over. I improved my German over the week (I could FEEL my vocabulary growing daily) and wish I could visit more often.

Now, I just have to wait for my next wander. Wonder where it will be?

No comments: